I’m using a rather special sculpting technique, I’m combining modern digital modeling and 3D-printing with more traditional concrete casting and manual grinding & polishing.
When using this kind of technique, making of a concrete sculpture requires the following steps:
- Digital design of the model
- Digital design of the mould
- 3D-printing of the mould
- Preparing the concrete mix
- Casting (pouring the concrete into mould)
- Manual grinding and polishing
- Finalizing (for example assembling the horns)
The following video shows the main part of the process starting from the weighing the raw materials and ending to the pre-assembling the horns.